6 Responses

1. Joanne Ames
    Joanne Ames
    September 12, 2011 at 12:52 pm | | Reply

Linda, Great concept to remind all of us what the standards should be. We get mentally locked into some of the practices that we were trained in and sometimes are hard to let go of, other disciplines have a very difficult time still with the use of the liberalized diets. The more exposure the better.

2. Leah
    Leah
    September 13, 2011 at 10:29 am | | Reply

Great blog! I love the way dining is going. Totally agree with choice in LTC.
    I’ll send it to one of my FSD.

3. LISA SHURBA
    LISA SHURBA
    September 20, 2011 at 9:32 pm | | Reply

I love the way were are headed with liberalizing diets—even working with CKD pt’s in LTC settings I feel we can make such a difference in quality of life by being less restrictive. While in a few cases restriction is necessary most of the time I find they do eat better if diet is liberalized. We have a upward battle educating staff and physicians on why this is so important!

4. Garth Smith
    Garth Smith
    September 22, 2011 at 4:01 pm | | Reply

Linda, great to see the industry going this direction. As software providers, we are keen to help provide tools to professionals to help with their goals of meeting the New Dining Practice Standards. Our latest development is focussing on bringing mobile selective menus (via iPad or other tablet) right to point of service for residents and patients…great start so far!

5. Christine Gillette
    Christine Gillette
    October 13, 2011 at 11:03 pm | | Reply

Linda…you are always keeping up with outstanding customer service to LTC residents!! I know if I was a current resident I would be oh so thankful that you believe in “thinking out of the box”!! I am so thankful to be part of the LRA team!! I love where consulting is going. Great Blog too. How do you find the time???
    Christine

6. Judy
    Judy
    January 31, 2012 at 10:41 am | | Reply

we used to provide waivers for individuals that refused the recommended mechanically altered/thickened liquid diets, but then a couple years ago, we received documentation that indicated that in NY state, those waivers were meaningless for the facility, and that we were not allowed to provide residents with their preferred texture, despite signed waivers by the resident and/or family. This seems to be at odds with the new recommendations. how can I clarify this?